Split Brick: 4 Colors (Zipper Pull Shown)
(2 Purple, 1 White, 1 Goldenrod Shown)
To Create Split Brick, You Need:
- Four Strands of
- each 3½ feet long, for
a Zipper Pull.
- each 6 feet long, for a
- Two Pony Beads (Use 4
for a Key Chain).
- For a Zipper Pull, 1
- For a Key Chain, 1 Split
- Start a SuperBrick Stitch.
- Do TWO (2) SuperBrick Stitches.
- Separate the eight working
strands into 2 groups of four:
Each group contains one end
strand, the two matching colored strands closest to the end strand, and the
nearest strand from the central colored pair to the two matching colored
- Start a Square Stitch from each group:
- Use the central working strand
as the opposite for the end strand.
- Do EIGHT (8) Square Stitches on each side.
- Do ONE (1) LOOSE Square Stitch on each side.
- Insert a PONY BEAD inside
the loose stitch.
- NONE of the strands go through
the Pony Bead.
- Do ONE (1) Square Stitch on each side and pull tight.
- This will lock the Pony Bead in
- Do SEVEN (7) additional Square Stitches on each side.
- Placing both Square Stitch
ends side by side, orient the working strands and create a SuperBrick Stitch.
- Do TWO (2) additional SuperBrick Stitches.
- If a Zipper Pull, do a Completion Stitch, create Fancy Tassels, and add the Lanyard Hook.
- If a Key Chain, repeat
steps 3 thru 11 ONCE, then do a Completion
Stitch, create Fancy Tassels, and
add a Split Ring.